Navigating real estate shouldn’t be daunting, and we want to make sure you’re as comfortable through the process as you are happy with the end result. Whether you’re going to buy, sell, or invest, we believe that the best thing for anyone entering the market is to have the knowledge to make informed decisions. Which is why we offer seminars on aspects of the market; two of which just past: The Home Sellers’ Seminar, and Intro to Real Estate Investment. Here are the highlights: Our Selling and Buying Seminars focus on how to get your property or financing ready, so that you are in the best position to get the result you’re looking for. Our procedure:
- Consult with a home stager, don’t depersonalize, but definitely make it welcoming.
- Get market exposure (usually via a real estate team) so that people can see it.
- Set the right price. Overpricing can mean the house sitting too long on the market. The longer the home is on the market, the more likely you will end up selling below the asking price.
- Sell at the right time. When homes are in short supply, this is a great time to sell.
- When there is a large inventory of homes, this is a great time to buy.
- Get good photos and floor plans. A listing loses impact when the visuals are lacking.
- A good agent will have a checklist and keep in touch with the Sellers.
- Expect a post sale follow-up meeting.
Why work with a Team?
- Pricing just right is key, and an experienced team can help you with this.
- Each member has their own specialty, so you’ll have the benefit of several minds focused on different aspects of the task, ensuring a tight process.
- We have multiple listings and buyers at any given time.
- Each member has their own networks and relationships with outside real estate agents, this can help get your offer or listing seen.
- Every good team follows a checklist, ensuring you’ll never miss a step.
- We have vetted professionals to get your home ready to sell, from contractors for minor fix-it jobs to home stagers, your home will have major appeal.
- We work with exceptional mortgage brokers and home insurance brokers who will make sure you’re covered for financing and investment protection.
Real Estate Investing Investing in real estate is a big decision, but we don’t advise strategies that we aren’t already using ourselves! In our Investment Properties seminar, we show you how to find -and calculate- cash positive investment properties in Vancouver and select areas in Northern BC. Some of our best tips:
- Find a cash-positive investment in an area with the highest potential appreciation.
- Rent some or all of the space to pay off your mortgage quickly and you can start profiting.
- Appreciation mixed with a low interest rate leverages your investment.
- Put 25% down on your property.
- Attached units have come into value with the lack of detached homes.
- Do your due diligence.
- Look for the GEP gross, where jobs are and where money will be spent.
- Find someone to manage your property if you live in another town and factor that cost into your assessment.
- Furnish your rental suites.
- Find joint ventures.
- Start working with a mortgage broker early. They can advise you on how to position yourself financially.
Part of our process is helping clients choose the right property based on their needs, whether it’s in Vancouver or in select, high-growth Northern BC communities. We’re always happy to sit down for a consult, and we’d love to see you at a seminar! Join our mailing list for future invites.